Friday, January 9, 2009

As I Lay my head on your chest....



"...I can hear it in your veins..."

This year I shall prove to be impervious and invincible
against the odds of years past
see
see they tried baby
they tried to toss the dirt on my head and lament
the passing of my sanity
but here I stand to prove them wrong
to prove them they were assholes

This year my words will not get tangled with tongues like swords
I strike precise and evident
as well I should
see baby
see I deserve this
this smile that is pressed on my lips
I have earned
trogging through these swamps of ash
for years and years
only to find my heart swaddled in your arms
I deserve this
This year I assemble the army of ghosts to fight the impending doom
and to feast at the banquet of victory
see baby
see I have secured my spot at that table
respectively
through the fog and haze I have battled my way here
to stand deserving by a soul so beautiful and intriguing
that my head swims with thoughts of tomorrow with you
my bride
see baby
this is the year
closer to the quickening
as we have waited in years past for truth
and change
and flights with the Pleiadians
shaking grey hands and toasting hoaxes
see baby
see I believe in truths and step every foothold like
it will be there forever
because it will and is
and to remain unsaturated from substances
makes this year a first
strength falls on my back as a welcomed ally
we all identify what we need
in a time of need
so save the dirt for loneliness and depression
it was a lovely service
after all

and years and years down
we will clink our glasses with grey hands to celebrate
this year of firsts
my vision tunnels and focuses as yours does
in synchronicity
as we are one
you see baby?
we deserve this year
your hand in mine
passing through these landmines
unscathed and unbowed

"loving every second of it...."






1 comment:

Jake said...

2009 BABY!!! TEAM NORM!!!!