Thursday, June 18, 2009

The best part of having no crime to solve



Stitched up to my addictions
and strung up to your kisses
like syringe dripped honey
shaken on my skin
embedded like ink
forever scanned and conquered
like
lay here with your head to my lap and rest
close those war torn eyes and hide from what you have seen
the mortars of infidelity are silenced
capped like vino
in catacombs not to be restored or stormed upon
undiscovered and unexposed
substances left and forgotten
you are safe to let these go
these hands are imprinted with your heart that they house now
Heismaned and sheltered from this day on
the elements of neglect and disregard
of frivolity and debauchery
will surely miss your vessel I am sure
as you step away
and open these doors before you
all the while your head upon my lap
cradled in a strength
bathed within these besos
I am there
broadcasting loud and clear
pen to paper
ear to the ground
but the tramples never come
they never come
we are left alone to pet the quiet of the night air together
stay here
this moment
leave this here
eyes closed
slumbered and lovely
uncursed
unweary
to start tomorrow from the now
and not the then
and from this day on you rise and greet me with your lips
reassuring me that the rain in your veins has stopped pouring
and I am free to see
the smile that blooms from those lips
that contain your arsenal








No comments: