Thursday, December 31, 2009

We are next

Tomorrows have always whispered in my ear like a playful lover inviting me to make out with them.
I am so hesitant to take that hand that stretches towards my heart and be lead to that place.
But I always do.Whether it is to find myself blissfully ripped open or left for dead...I still go forth.
And on to futures that promise of babies breaths and miraculous disasters I have come to accept that which peppers it's way into my head.
It's love and it is solid but cold nonetheless.
We huddle close in the storm only to separate our vessels come morning.
But we had nightfall didn't we?
We had it by the guts
and we flew over rooftops and lit fireworks for the world to taste our victory on our war torn lips.
All the while building our next step with the same brick we built our last leaving us nowhere to stand in the present.
You handed me a tomorrow like a note passed in class
folded neatly like a fallen soldiers graveside flag.
And I took it,embraced it and made love to it like conception was the only option.
So tonight I can stand and look back with grateful eyes and bow my head to your wishes like what else is love supposed to do
But wait for another tomorrow that will come from the same place as the ones that made me smile and kept me perched.
Watchful and wanting of all things to come.Whatever that may be....

No comments: