Saturday, March 15, 2008

Escaping the Ides....

Far Greater men than I have dared
to navigate an existence far from the trapsings.
And distanced from the noise and commotion of underlings,
I have believed(even for split seconds)
that I have harnessed silence
that I have conquered despair with bigger-than-my-heart strength
that I have lived only for the benefit of other smiles
that my head has laid at night in complete slumber
under stars overseen be almond eyed men
that oneness is distance but remains distant (therefore unattainable)
That I maintain an impenetrable holding pattern
around these worlds
but belief
in all its comfort
is subjective
as is all the years that have left me
like rings to a mighty oak
never escaping the Ides either
left with nothing but the want of next year
but all our yesterdays are now dimly lit
no hindsight to obtain for fools
but how the cup of dusty death runs over
I drink from that cup in celebration
of one more Ides drawn down
the taste as sweet as solace
in a toast to fallen Ceasar
I too love treason
but hate a traitor



No comments: