Wednesday, March 19, 2008

If I could have two things in one....

So it is silence that should be practiced
we over think
and then we over talk
but we get it out
all out
from our lungs
I guess it is healthy
But so much damage is done
An excuse to vent
but what remains after
we do not retain the capacity to clean up
what remains after
nor do we possess the ability to see
such damage
I prefer not to speak
or refrain when I can
so much weight in the words I would say
The fruit of peace is silence
To untangle this web we weave
or to live in it
I choose not to acknowledge
There is no web
Just silence
I guess some lessons
are harder to learn
for others

"The peace of the grave and the light of the sun
my hand stretched across my thin breast bone
but aware of the mass invading the stone"






No comments: