Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Circling the wagons

One of us equals many of us
Disrespect one of us
you'll see plenty of us


Thats how its always been
at least for me
All I have had to make was one phone call
my friends
my brothers grin for nights like these
go ahead
ruin your night
and sometimes cosmically
a phone call wasnt necessary
once I walked drenched in the rain down broadway
after being dismissed from campus and almost arrested
crying bawling my eyes out
hopelessly
and who rolls up
my boy in the hyundai
with open arms and words of encouragement
I stand here today because of that
and the many other days my brothers have held my head or rode in ambulances or came by in the dead of night so I wouldnt be dead by morning
so go ahead and make me open my quiver
because next to my son is my friends
and no one female has ever gotten between that
no matter how much we have accepted her into the boys club
for the sake of our equals happiness
dont ruin your night

the church back door was open and I said
"we can go right now bro.....we can just go skate....its your choice"
man we shouldve skated that day!!!



Make bright the arrows

Gather the shields:
Conquest narrows
The peaceful fields.

Stock well the quiver
With arrows bright:
The bowman feared
Need never fight.

Make bright the arrows,
O peaceful and wise!
Gather the shields
Against surprise.

E.st.V.Millay




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuck dude! You made me cry. I'm not suppose to do that. Asshole!!!