Monday, December 31, 2007

What if I cant shine?

My dear family,
we have wept like floods in this year
and buried pillars of our own.
but this ground we stand on is strong from the soil they lay under
and the air stronger from the ashes they bind to
fed by these tears of ours.
I have learned many things through loss
but in this family
the ones we have lost this year
have taught me
to never stop dreaming
my oldest uncle taught me to take whatever talent i had and thrust it out there
to the world unabashedly
take chances
and my Grandmother Sandy the same....always delighted in my accomplishments
and comfortable to play the role of doting grandmother
my cousin Doug was my audience and cheering section...
we all need that and i will have it forever
so let us Jones,Fortunes,Perkins,Lowerys,Dawsons,Looneys
Husseins,Van Zandts,Fines and every other god forsaken clan i might have forgot that is blessed to be in this web of ours....
poor out and cry......
because tomorrow a new challenge awaits
recovery in the form of a new year....
I hold my head high and proud of the strength in all of you....
and I repay with my own strength
Thank you......

3 comments:

B2thaRandy said...

Well said my dear brother! Our family has had great losses but we are strong!

Nick Ta Life said...

"because tomorrow a new challenge awaits"

Brilliant

n2tha0 said...

much love akerock..lets have a killa 08!!!!